next recruitment

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 manufan

manufan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:09 PM

Does anybody have an idea when the DFB will be recruiting again? ;)

#2 Shadow

Shadow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Manufan, last recruitment drive for DFB was for a panel of 189 new recruits, so far there has only been one class of 50 trained, and one class of 30ish who are due to start their training shortly that have drawn from that Panel. that unfortunately for those interested in applying leaves roughly 100 recruits still to be trained from the current panel which I'd say will take upto 2 years before DCC will look at recruiting again. And also with the current economic climate and budget restraints it could be longer before they recruit, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thats the reality of things where DFB are concerned.

If I was you Id use the next 2 years in getting ready for the next recruitment drive ie; courses, getting full driving licence for B & C class, get into the mindset of apptitude tests, keep up to date with new developments and equipment in DFB and update your qualifications and skills. Dont wait till you see an add in the paper and start doing all that then and start saying to yourself ah maybe ill wait till the next time they recruit, start now..

shadow

#3 FDNY

FDNY

Senior Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:22 PM

try back here in about 4-5 years, might have an idea then ;)

#4 JasonBourne

JasonBourne

Experienced Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

I think you should have a read some old threads and you will get all the info you need.
"Who is running threadstone......?" lol

#5 JB24

JB24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

If I was you Id use the next 2 years in getting ready for the next recruitment drive ie; courses, getting full driving licence for B & C class, get into the mindset of apptitude tests, keep up to date with new developments and equipment in DFB and update your qualifications and skills. Dont wait till you see an add in the paper and start doing all that then and start saying to yourself ah maybe ill wait till the next time they recruit, start now..

Hey Shadow,
Completely agree with not wasting whatever time it is going to take..
any ideas what type of classes to take? I was thinking a basic EMT course.. any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

#6 ECHO1

ECHO1

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

I know this topic is about DFB recruitment, but, does anyone have an idea when or if Limerick city will run a recruitment drive again???,  its been 3 years since they last ran, will the amalgamation of the city and county effect it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users