Photo

Waterford , Galway City, Fulltime Recruitment.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ECHO1

ECHO1

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

Have  heard  that  Waterford  are  to  advertise  this  year,  and  also  that  Galway  City  are  to recruit  externally  this  year.  Does  anyone  have  an  idea  of  what  format  they  will  go  with ??

Last  time  Waterford  ran  a  competition,  they  had  three  stages,  Aptitude,  Application,  Interview.

Will  they  run  it  the  same  this  time.??

Also  with  Galway  going  for  external  recruitment,  for  the  first  time  in  a  while,  does  anyone  have  an  idea of   the  format  they  will  go  with. ??

Any  info  would  be  great.  

#2 lonfire1

lonfire1

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:14 PM

Hi echo, how true is this do you know? Galway city retained are currently recruiting, and I heard full-time early summer. Will they not just have an internal drive again. I think Waterford took in 2 lads from retained last year, maybe they need more.

#3 ECHO1

ECHO1

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:40 PM

I  rang  Waterford  HR,  because  I was  on  the  panel   that  is  now  gone  and  was told  that  there  are  3  jobs  this  year,  due  to  retirements and  one  f/f  leaving   for  the DFB.  

Galway   I  am  told  must  go  external  this  time  for  their   recruitment  of  fulltime  fire-fighters,  because  of  some  union  issue.   

No  dates  for  any  of  the  competitions,  but,  there  is  movement  this  year  for  certain.

#4 lonfire1

lonfire1

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

Thanks...

#5 Galway FF

Galway FF

Regular Poster

• Members