#1 xcorkrebelx

xcorkrebelx

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:running computers basketball,cars,fire appliances

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:14 PM

TO ALL i just want to say becareful on there on Monday June 23 ,if last year was anything to go by and Halloween fast approaching too ,the two as bad as each other,there will more than likely be attacks on fire fighters ,Emts ,guards etc,.Bricks were thrown at the lads last year one missing the drivers head by an inch as he has the habit of always driving with the window open,garda cars were petrol bombed and in the town of ballincollig 2 youth decided to burn a buisness to the ground worth over 6 million euros,Ever see Garda paddy waggons with the cage on the roof that slides down over the front windscreen well i think all fire appliances should have someting mountable like that!I recently seen on You Tube where firefighters were attacked by "Hoodies"in the Uk while putting out a fire all the Firemen could do was try to defend themselves with the Hose ,they shoulted to the man on the pump "let her Rip"and then they did just that with the full force of the water repelled the youths until police assistance arrived!Though you could never do that here though theyd rather seen you get a beating than defend yourself with a hose rather than "assaulting" a member of the public with some water!!!!!

#2 yellowjacket

yellowjacket

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Fire Engineering

Posted 16 June 2008 - 06:35 PM

Shhh, don't tell anyone in Drogheda.

http://www.rte.ie/ne...14/dundalk.html
http://news.bbc.co.u...and/7144410.stm

#3 xcorkrebelx

xcorkrebelx

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:59 PM

Shhh, don't tell anyone in Drogheda.

http://www.rte.ie/ne...14/dundalk.html
http://news.bbc.co.u...and/7144410.stm

A man has been arrested after he tried to attack fire officers with a sword in Dundalk, Co Louth.

The attack happened in Marion Park at around 1.50am, when fire fighters were tackling a car fire in the driveway of a house.

A man in a crowd gathered nearby ran towards the fire officers brandishing what appeared to be a samurai sword.

The fire fighters had to turn their hose on the man to defend themselves, knocking him to the ground.

The 24-year-old man was subsequently arrested and taken to Drogheda Garda Station where he is being questioned.

Ah yes,i see!

#4 A.F.S

A.F.S

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:fire service

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:51 PM

Met a few Cork Co lads lately and they were saying about the bonfires to ring in the longest day. is it just a cork thing or does it happen elsewhere? Have never heard of it up here :blink: :blink:

#5 xcorkrebelx

xcorkrebelx

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:08 AM

Met a few Cork Co lads lately and they were saying about the bonfires to ring in the longest day. is it just a cork thing or does it happen elsewhere? Have never heard of it up here :blink: :blink:

Really!! :blink: Its the biggest night here next to Halloween,some fires are supervised by parents but most are lits by undesirables we are going to be on standby at the station from around 5pm and will easily get 10-15 calls between then and 2am and thats in my area alone.Poor old \Cork City have to go into some really bad areas with the support of gardai although we will ourselves,theyll be dealing with fires through out the nite .8 fires were lit on monday last a crew each per fire between the lads at ballyvolane and Anglesea St.im sure Northern ireland have it too remember seeing pallets stacked the sky on the news one time,maybe it was for Halloween or something!

#6 thorpe

thorpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, Golf, Motor sport (watching not participating), reading, radio scanning, aircraft, military history and all things connected to the fire service

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:14 AM

Hopefully Cork City has enough crews and appiances available to them.
Hopefully all fire crews, amblance crews and Gardai here in the city will be ok and nothing out of the ordinary happens this year.

#7 thorpe

thorpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, Golf, Motor sport (watching not participating), reading, radio scanning, aircraft, military history and all things connected to the fire service

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:33 AM

Im not a Firefighter but after last night in Cork City and County I have found a real new respect for you guys.
From listening to Cork City and County on my scanner last night, it sounded pritty crazy out there, at about 2230 CO11A4 called in to say it was going for a 20min meal break and they asked was there much happening and the reply from Limerick control centre was we have 28 more on the waiting list.
CO11A1, CO11A2 were dealt with several incidents. CO12A1 were at a Halting site when contacted by Anglesea St. and said they would be there for sometime. Didnt here A3 , A5 or CO12A2 but I presume they were out as well. Heard CO11K1 and J1 out as well
CK33 and CK 42 also had a mad night by all accounts running around Ballincollig and Cobh.
CK32 from Macroom were dispatched to Tower/Blarney.

Fair play to you all in dealing with the night and hopefully you all returned safely home after it all.

#8 xcorkrebelx

xcorkrebelx

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 03:40 PM

Im not a Firefighter but after last night in Cork City and County I have found a real new respect for you guys.
From listening to Cork City and County on my scanner last night, it sounded pritty crazy out there, at about 2230 CO11A4 called in to say it was going for a 20min meal break and they asked was there much happening and the reply from Limerick control centre was we have 28 more on the waiting list.
CO11A1, CO11A2 were dealt with several incidents. CO12A1 were at a Halting site when contacted by Anglesea St. and said they would be there for sometime. Didnt here A3 , A5 or CO12A2 but I presume they were out as well. Heard CO11K1 and J1 out as well
CK33 and CK 42 also had a mad night by all accounts running around Ballincollig and Cobh.
CK32 from Macroom were dispatched to Tower/Blarney.

Fair play to you all in dealing with the night and hopefully you all returned safely home after it all.

yip you got all that down to a T.!i want to thank the guards aswell for supporting us though .

#9 sandy

sandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Having a laugh, Holidays abroad, My friends and family,Films,The latest mobile phones, Nice cars

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:56 PM

yip you got all that down to a T.!i want to thank the guards aswell for supporting us though .

hey xcorkrebelx,
I didnt even know that they have a Bonfire night in the city.
Its the first time I heard of it (apart from halloween) lol
Im sure they are a good bunch of firefighters up there and well able to cope

#10 xcorkrebelx

xcorkrebelx

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

hey xcorkrebelx,
I didnt even know that they have a Bonfire night in the city.
Its the first time I heard of it (apart from halloween) lol
Im sure they are a good bunch of firefighters up there and well able to cope

It started in the city but spread to suburban areas over the years ,im not surprised u never heard of it neither did some of the lads out of the station in mallow.

#11 The Gap

The Gap

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:45 PM

Yis are all fierce odd altogether down there :D
We the willing
Lead by the unknowing
Are doing the impossible for the ungrateful
We have been doing so much for so long with so little