4 replies to this topic

#1 steff83

steff83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:41 AM

Wots up people.
Eager awaiting the recruitment add for the D.F.B.I personaly tink iv a good chance of getting the job and so do some of the hire uppers in the service but recently iv been told that im gona be a daddy(yippikiyiy)im over the moon but im worried now that iv f%*$#d up my chances befor iv started.What do you recommend telling them at the interview(if i get there)keep it quiet?r talking very positive about the situation??r is it even a factor at all?
Is there anyone out there in the service that had young kids at the time of trainning???
Im prepard to put the time in,i jus hope the brigade gives me the time to show that im 110% commited to be comming the firefighter that i know that im capable of being and the father to be proud off.im only 23 but im an amibitous young lad and i know what i want outa life,and this is it.
cheers lads.
p.s good luck with the calender :D

#2 GI Jane Afs

GI Jane Afs

Experienced Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Location:Tipperary but live in Limerick( but please dont hold that against me)

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:25 PM

Hi Steff83,

Im not a firefighter but like you I want to be. It should not matter that you are going to be a daddy (congrads by the way :) ).

Good luck with it all
GI Jane

(It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and don't say it!)

#3 Guest_JonnyTheTurk_*

Guest_JonnyTheTurk_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2006 - 01:51 PM

Dont worry about that when going for the interview if they ask you answer honestly if they dont...well then dont worry about it....there has been a few recruit classes in which a recuit has asked for time off to go to the hospital because there partner was going into labour....so dont worry about it mate...good luck with the application and many congrats to you and your partner

#4 steff83

steff83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 11:41 AM

Brilliant cheers jane.That has really put my mind at ease.tanks once again johnny for the word of advice,Your becoming abit of a teripist for me :) may start charging!!
yeah we`re both really excited 3months gone due april 10th.Really puts life into a whole new perspective.
Tanx guys,talk to you soon B)

#5 bvm

bvm

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 11:18 AM

Brilliant cheers jane.That has really put my mind at ease.tanks once again johnny for the word of advice,Your becoming abit of a teripist for me :) may start charging!!
yeah we`re both really excited 3months gone due april 10th.Really puts life into a whole new perspective.
Tanx guys,talk to you soon B)

"ye johnny the theripist"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users