• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 RedCross

RedCross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:29 AM

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the level of Political BS and back stabbing as I have experienced in the last 2 years as a Branch member.... It would turn your stomach...

#2 emt23

emt23

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:34 AM

Your not ion Meath are you?????????????????

#3 RedCross

RedCross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:40 AM

Yes. It's a nightmare situation. All I want to do is train and do duties, but it feels like I have to fight for the right to do so. It's a voluntary organisation at the end of the day. It's actually getting to the stage where i'm thinking of leaving...

#4 emt23

emt23

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 01:55 PM

I hear you son......

I left Meath Red Cross cause of all that rubbish 8 years ago because off all that. Sad too see it's still going on.

#5 romeo bravo

romeo bravo

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:31 PM

OMAC will have you :P

Its a pity vol orgs can be great fun while learning great skills pity your not happy, hope it gets sorted out

#6 squad55

squad55

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

lads you should be in the dublin cd and check out what my AFS unit has too put up with, its a disgrace many a time i thought about jacking it in but if I do that the other lot have won, like the rest of you all i want to do is learn as much as i can and get the duties were entitled to, if what goes on in my division was to go on in the workplace id be seein a lot of clowns in court!!

stay safe

squad 55

#7 emt23

emt23

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

What unit are you in Red Cross?????

#8 RedCross

RedCross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:27 PM

I wouldn't like to say

#9 emt23

emt23

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:30 PM

I used to be in the navan unit and i left cause it used to be sh1t with all the pollitics. I was talkin to a few people recently and they said the situtation had improved. Might head back down and see for myself.

#10 MayoRedCross

MayoRedCross
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:13 AM

Hey RedCross sorry to hear you have had a bad time of it in the Red Cross, that is not what the Red Cross is about at all. But have you tried as they say "changing it from the inside". I believe that the Red Cross is there for all and we all have a voice, I have never seen any problem that could not be solved by enough willpower. PM me if you want to chat more about it.

p.s. (Just a opinion of mine, but washing dirty linen in public is not a good idea)

EMT23, it's a shame that you have left the Red Cross as all voluntary orgs need all the volunteers that they can get, but from what I know about Meath (which is not much), if you left 8 years ago then this officer in charge was not in charge when you left and as you say, if “the situtation had improved.”, well then he must be doing some good in the county. Nearly all Officers in charge for the counties were changed two years ago (nationwide).

#11 emt23

emt23

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:40 AM

Hey RedCross sorry to hear you have had a bad time of it in the Red Cross, that is not what the Red Cross is about at all. But have you tried as they say "changing it from the inside". I believe that the Red Cross is there for all and we all have a voice, I have never seen any problem that could not be solved by enough willpower. PM me if you want to chat more about it.

p.s. (Just a opinion of mine, but washing dirty linen in public is not a good idea)

EMT23, it's a shame that you have left the Red Cross as all voluntary orgs need all the volunteers that they can get, but from what I know about Meath (which is not much), if you left 8 years ago then this officer in charge was not in charge when you left and as you say, if “the situtation had improved.”, well then he must be doing some good in the county. Nearly all Officers in charge for the counties were changed two years ago (nationwide).

The one that took over is just as bad - in each others pockets as the saying goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#12 MayoRedCross

MayoRedCross
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:09 PM

The one that took over is just as bad - in each others pockets as the saying goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hi emt23,

I'm not going to speak for the guy but from what I hear there is good things going on in Meath, especially from what I hear from a mate of mine in Trim.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users