3 replies to this topic

#1 doc176

doc176

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:38 PM

This one happened 2 weeks ago.
Dispatched on a box alarm (full assignment) to a 3 story apt. building. Enroute was advised by dispatch that it was being upgraded to entrapment (persons reported) and that said person was in her bedroom on the third floor with smoke coming in under her door.
Arrived on scene with nothing showing. Made our way to the third floor apt. and found it locked with the smoke detector audible inside and an odor of food on the stove (burnt food).
While attempting to force entry the door suddenly opens and out of apt. lurches our "victim" followed by a moderate smoke condition. She's coughing, eyes watering, crying......... the whole nine yards but able to tell us there's no one else inside.
Inside we find a pot of burnt food on the stove and remove it and open the windows to vent the smoke.
That's when we spotted the used fire extinguisher on the floor and dry powder all over the stove. "Huh "?, says we !
Apparently, our almost-Darwin-Award winner had set food on fire, had SUCCESSFULLY extinguished the fire with the fire extinguisher BUT when the smoke became too much for her, instead of exiting the apt. by the door SIX feet away decided to go barricade herself in her bedroom and call 911.
Job security gentlemen !

#2 DFBWANNABE

DFBWANNABE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:23 PM

:rolleyes:
you fellas see some things!! ....thats a new kind of stupidity!!! still, as you say, with that kind of stupidity around youwill always have employment!
i didnt think it was possible to be that stupid.
thanks that made me chuckle!!
great post

#3 Trafftech

Trafftech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:43 PM

:P :lol:

#4 LondonFF

LondonFF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

I've seen a FF lift a dry powder ex, thinking it was a water one that needed recharging, turn it upside down (to discharge pressure and very little of the contents) at the rear of the appliance bay and coat himself head to toe in a fine white powder. Prob no that funny, until you realise he's a 6'4" heavily muscled black FF in navy uniform with a shaved bald head! Made one or two of us laugh! Makes my position secure as there's always one for the road!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users