Hse Nas Kerry

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thorpe

thorpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Cricket, Golf, Motor sport (watching not participating), reading, radio scanning, aircraft, military history and all things connected to the fire service

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:49 PM

Hi Everyone,
Just a small request for help from those in the Kerry area. As you may be aware my website is being built up slowly over the past while covering all of the Emergency Services within the Munster Region.
The HSE NAS has proven to be a little more challenging than previously thought particullary in the Kingdom. I have only recently managed to track down the locations of all of the ambulance stations with the Kingdom but getting pictures of ambulances and support vehicles has proved even harder.
My request is if anyone has or knows anyone who any pictures of the ambulance fleets in County Kerry and are willing to share them with the website it would be very much appreciated. Any pictures that would be used on the site will be fully copyrighted to the owner. Any one wishing to remain nameless will also be facilited.
Thanking you in advance for your help
Here is a link to the current page
Current HSE NAS Kerry Page

#2 Let it burn

Let it burn

Experienced Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:51 PM

Well done on the site so far.

Just one thing I noticed about the ambulance stations. With all due respect to the HSE guys, a lot of them seem to be still based in hospitals. Some seem to be based in very old hospital buildings with vehicles scattered around car parks, at the gable end of the mortuary, etc. Surely in this day and age the HSE should be providing proper stations, similar to fire staions.
Please dont turn this into a fire service v ambulance service debate. We are talking about the ambulance service outside of Dublin. This is run exclusively by the HSE and so it should be.
It is just something that occurred to me when looking at the site.

#3 hse medic

hse medic

Senior Poster

• PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:EMS, Ambulance Service

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Well done on the site so far.

Just one thing I noticed about the ambulance stations. With all due respect to the HSE guys, a lot of them seem to be still based in hospitals. Some seem to be based in very old hospital buildings with vehicles scattered around car parks, at the gable end of the mortuary, etc. Surely in this day and age the HSE should be providing proper stations, similar to fire staions.
Please dont turn this into a fire service v ambulance service debate. We are talking about the ambulance service outside of Dublin. This is run exclusively by the HSE and so it should be.
It is just something that occurred to me when looking at the site.

Let it burn,
Your quite right in your assessment of the majority of the NAS stations. I asked the question recently of new buildings (last December to be precise) & I was told that since we're very rarely in them it would be a waste of money. In my station we have upwards of nearly 40 road staff along with controllers, officers, admin etc. In the "station" part of the building we have two toilets for the road staff. Beggars belief in this day & age. It gets even more galling when you see the retained fire services having purpose built stations even those with a low call volume. I don't deny the retained lads what they have at all but it seems obvious to us that ye're management both full & retained think alot more about ye than ours do.

#4 mighty medic

mighty medic

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:ems rescue fire and ladys

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

Let it burn,
Your quite right in your assessment of the majority of the NAS stations. I asked the question recently of new buildings (last December to be precise) & I was told that since we're very rarely in them it would be a waste of money. In my station we have upwards of nearly 40 road staff along with controllers, officers, admin etc. In the "station" part of the building we have two toilets for the road staff. Beggars belief in this day & age. It gets even more galling when you see the retained fire services having purpose built stations even those with a low call volume. I don't deny the retained lads what they have at all but it seems obvious to us that ye're management both full & retained think alot more about ye than ours do.

Think the midlands have so decent stations purpose built dont they? monaghan have an excellent one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users