Photo

use of blue /red light and sirens continued..

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 kerryfire

kerryfire

Experienced Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:42 AM

well alpha.. 2 lads in the south were responding to their beepers recently,not using lights and crashed their cars,i know of them both,their going to be out for months,and only hours previously acfos had told them they werent getting to the station quick enough,theyll both be out for months,one with a neck injury the other broke vertebrae in his back.under new contracts in cork county you ahve to live and work within 2 miles of station and turnout time from station to be 5 mins or less

sorry to hear about your friends,

i dont mean this in a bad way right but why is it a bad thing if they must live and work with in 2 miles of the station? you cant get a job and then complain about the conditions, its like gettting a job as a street sweeper and complaining about sweeping the roads, if you apply for a retained ff job you know what is expected,

reminds me of the story of the old lady with 2 ham's 1 under each arm crying that she has no bread...... point being be happy with what you have the country is on a downword spiral and people are losing jobs left right and center

#22 alpha

alpha

Senior Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • Interests:Antagonising silly people.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

well alpha.. 2 lads in the south were responding to their beepers recently,not using lights and crashed their cars,i know of them both,their going to be out for months,and only hours previously acfos had told them they werent getting to the station quick enough,theyll both be out for months,one with a neck injury the other broke vertebrae in his back.under new contracts in cork county you ahve to live and work within 2 miles of station and turnout time from station to be 5 mins or less

Did they crash into each other on the way to the same call?

#23 xcorkrebelx

xcorkrebelx

Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:running computers basketball,cars,fire appliances

Posted 17 November 2008 - 01:21 PM

Did they crash into each other on the way to the same call?

no theyre both from different stations

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users