17 replies to this topic

#1 DF5

DF5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:29 AM

Hey all,

I was just wondering does anyone know what the aptitude test is like, I recently did an aptitude test for the gards and was wondering is it similar? if anyone knows that would be great, thanks

#2 jedi

jedi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:05 AM

Hey all,

I was just wondering does anyone know what the aptitude test is like, I recently did an aptitude test for the gards and was wondering is it similar? if anyone knows that would be great, thanks

im not a 100% sure but from what i was told it is not the same exam? but then again i could be wrong.

#3 GI Jane Afs

GI Jane Afs

Experienced Regular Poster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Location:Tipperary but live in Limerick( but please dont hold that against me)

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:21 PM

im not a 100% sure but from what i was told it is not the same exam? but then again i could be wrong.

It is not the same exam. The Garda aptitude is suppose to be easier
GI Jane

(It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and don't say it!)

#4 DF5

DF5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:51 PM

Cheers guys,

Thanks for that, just trying to get an idea on what kind of stuff is on it & i heard the garda one had similar logic stuff. Good to know. Thanks

#5 Trafftech

Trafftech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:04 PM

Its a lot harder than the garda exam as Ive done the last guards exam and passed and got called for interview which i decided not to go for i also done the last fire brigade test which i found a lot harder than the garda exam as it is totally different.

#6 DF5

DF5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 09:06 PM

Cheers, I also passed garda one. screwed so , are there any examples of the aptitudes out there anywhere??

#7 madmax

madmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:29 PM

Hey all,

was wonderin the same thing myself ... anyone have any clues of what they consist of ??? or who to spesk to about the courses available

#8 hosejockey

hosejockey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

Hi all .
Did the Apptitude Test Preparation course over the weekend and found it useful ,just wondering did anyone on the site do the same test and what they thought of it ?

#9 Diddley

Diddley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:35 AM

Hi,
Could you please lets us know what the course involved..

#10 Trafftech

Trafftech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:23 PM

Hi all .
Did the Aptitude Test Preparation course over the weekend and found it useful ,just wondering did anyone on the site do the same test and what they thought of it ?

Yeah was there myself thought it was very helpful as Ive went for the job last time i found this course to be of great help in showing me were id went wrong the last time E.G technique and what way to approach this time round. :rolleyes:

#11 hosejockey

hosejockey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:27 PM

Hi,
Could you please lets us know what the course involved..

Hi Diddley,
The course itself was over two days ,items covered were verbal reasoning ,numerical reasoning ,and spacial reasoning and junior cert maths refresher ,The course itself was good but the instructor said the apptitude test was going change slightly this year but he was unsure how !! As a result we covered a wide variety of material ,hope this helps .

#12 Diddley

Diddley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:23 AM

Hi Diddley,
The course itself was over two days ,items covered were verbal reasoning ,numerical reasoning ,and spacial reasoning and junior cert maths refresher ,The course itself was good but the instructor said the apptitude test was going change slightly this year but he was unsure how !! As a result we covered a wide variety of material ,hope this helps .

Thank you for reply hosejockey!

Good Luck

#13 IFS

IFS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

I'm doing the course on the 31st 1st myself. I got myself some aptitude books aswell. They're not a easy as I thought they would be. Looking forward to the course. does anyone know if there is a time limit in these tests and does impact how you go about the test.
??

#14 dave07

dave07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

Hi

Can anyone tell me any information about the aptitude? What is covered on the aptitude? How many applicants get put onto the panel after the aptitude? Any replys to this would be greatly appreciated!

#15 Trafftech

Trafftech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 09:53 AM

Hi

Can anyone tell me any information about the aptitude? What is covered on the aptitude? How many applicants get put onto the panel after the aptitude? Any replies to this would be greatly appreciated!

Dave

The last test that was carried out I'm not sure of how many people went for it I heard about 6000 but don't know if that was true.
They selected the top 800 people who passed the test DCC called the 800 for interview after the interviews DCC formed the panel of 180 successful applicants or there abouts.

Hope that is of help

#16 dave07

dave07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 11:32 AM

Dave

The last test that was carried out I'm not sure of how many people went for it I heard about 6000 but don't know if that was true.
They selected the top 800 people who passed the test DCC called the 800 for interview after the interviews DCC formed the panel of 180 successful applicants or there abouts.

Hope that is of help

Cheers Trafftech!

#17 DUB

DUB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Cheers Trafftech!

dave before i went for the aptitude test i got a few books out of the library and they were very use full, i think the ones i got where for quantum physics or something lol ,because they were fairly hard and then i found the DFF tests a lost easier than the examples in the book which helped with the nerves from the start and a few similar examples in the book came up in the test so that helped with teh time aspect, some people are good with them and some are not just practice and you'll notice the difference the second you see a problem you have the answer already worked out in your head, i think the visual test is one you have to pay attention to try work out a short hand system on paper and as you see an object colour or something relevant scribble it down it certainly helped me, but defiantly go to your local library and get a few books out, cheers :rolleyes:

#18 dave07

dave07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:44 PM

dave before i went for the aptitude test i got a few books out of the library and they were very use full, i think the ones i got where for quantum physics or something lol ,because they were fairly hard and then i found the DFF tests a lost easier than the examples in the book which helped with the nerves from the start and a few similar examples in the book came up in the test so that helped with teh time aspect, some people are good with them and some are not just practice and you'll notice the difference the second you see a problem you have the answer already worked out in your head, i think the visual test is one you have to pay attention to try work out a short hand system on paper and as you see an object colour or something relevant scribble it down it certainly helped me, but defiantly go to your local library and get a few books out, cheers :rolleyes:

Thanks for your advice! i've bought some aptitude books but i'm finding the spatial aptitude quite difficult to understand. Will verbal and numerical aptitudes be on the DFB aptitude? Sorry for all the questions i'm just very curious about it because i've never done a DFB aptitude test before!

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users